| Home | Our Family |  

May 18, 2007

First Pregnancy

This is one of the blog surrveys going around. Let's see if I remember that far back :-)


1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes, by God


2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, for 7 mths


3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Very excited!


4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Absolutely NOT


5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 18


6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? In those days (boy that makes me feel old) you went to the good 'ol clinic and got a test done. That's what I did!


7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? My amazing husband


8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? No


9. DUE DATE? Jan. 4/90


10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes, but nothing real bad.


11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Chocolate Swiss Rolls


12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? My husbands boss because he made him work so much (we were on a farm)


13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? A boy


14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No, we were thrilled he was a healthy red headed boy.


15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? Very little, I think under 20 (wish I could have kept up that trend!)


16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes


17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew.


18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Yes, high blood pressure (which I have had every pregnancy since and found out it is the 'white coat syndrome' meaning it goes up just for the doctors :-)


19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Morden Hospital


20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Induced 1 week early because I had high blood pressure. Mild labor for approx. 2 days before he decided to make his appearance.


21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My husband


22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? My hubby and the Dr. and Nurses


23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural


24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Demoral, but I would never do it again. I felt so out of control of what I was saying (something about the pelicans at Pelican Lake :-)


25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7lbs 8 oz.


26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? Jan. 1/90 (New Year's Baby)


27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Joshua Mark


28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 17 years and 4 months




This is me just a couple days before Joshua was born.
Looks like I had to stick my belly out so it would show!
I don't seem to have that 'problem' anymore!!

No comments: