| Home | Our Family |  

April 8, 2008

To Be Discreet (Chpt. 18)

“As a jewel in a swine’s mouth, so is a woman without discretion.” Proverbs 11:22 SEEK TO BE COURTEOUS I like the story of the Red Truck. How this man borrowed a piece of junk but he returned it in much better shape, fixing the floor, made it run better and even filled it with gas. We live in a society that tells us to get all you can, even if it means bowling someone over in the process. This made me think of how many times in life I just want things to go good my way and I forget about the other person. I want to seek to be courteous in my dealings and socializing with others. I don't want to be seen as a user of other people. SEEK TO BE HONEST In our parenting class we discussed how as parents we need to be honesty. If we aren’t honest how can we expect our children to be. Eg. When someone calls that I don’t want to talk to, telling my family to tell them that I am not home……dishonest. When we go to a place with a salad bar/buffet and instead of paying for our little ones we let them eat off our plate, or bring back desserts for everyone at the table….dishonest. If you get a drink from a drink machine and 2 drinks pop out and instead of returning it you say…”Today I am blessed!”…..dishonest. When you buy something and the cashier gives you back too much change and you smile and keep it……dishonest. Selling something for way more than it is worth….dishonest. I know of people who feel God has blessed them when other people get ripped off. Hmmmm….what’s wrong with that picture? SEEK TO BE GRACIOUS I have much to learn in this area. When Debi said to this lady “The real issue is your heart’s perspective.” I realize that my heart is not right many times and that’s why I struggle with the way that I approach things. So many times the things I say comes out all wrong and this is because of what is in my heart. When there is a conflict is when I realize that there is an issue in my heart. LACK OF JUDGEMENT “Every wise woman builds her house; but the foolish pluck it down with her hands.” Prov. 14:1 Debi mentions how our words can color our husband’s perspective. The questions we sometimes ask our husbands can make him feel like a nit-wit!!! TRAITS OF A GODLY WOMAN -Chaste -Sober -Modest -Shamefacedness -Meek -Quiet Spirit -In subjection -Obedient -Kind -Virtuous -Prudent -Good -Discreet -Keeper at Home School -Gracious There was so much in this chapter, so many character traits to address. So read it, and tell me what you got out of it!

No comments: