| Home | Our Family |  

May 10, 2008

Motherhood, A Special Privilege


With Mother's Day coming I wanted to write this to my kids,
my blessings, my gifts from God.
Each one of you are so unique, so special and perfectly placed in our family by God. God knew who we needed and what place we needed you in our family.
His plan has been perfect and continues to be.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when
I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:13-16


Our family is so special and it is truly an honour and privilege to be your Mom. I have never bemoaned the fact that God has chosen me to be a Mom to you. Have there been hard times? Of course, but there are hard times no matter what you do in life. Through these hard times I have grown, matured and become closer to the person God has created me to be. Thank you for that! Thank you for the challenges, thank you for the character building. Without you, I know I would not be the person I am today. And you can keep right on teaching me because I know I still have lots to learn!

We have spent many hours together, some in the wee hours of the morning, some working side by side, some doing school, some playing together, some laughing, some crying..... And I look with fond memories on these moments. Time together, time to get to know one another, time....It will not last forever, so let's make the most of every moment.

They say that being a mom is one of the highest callings. I don't even want to think about that. I just know that it is my calling. God has called me to be your Mother. From the day that you were born to the day that you die, God has called me to be your Mother. To nurture you, to train you, to love you..... For some of you this journey is just beginning, for others we have been at it for quite a few years. I know I have not been perfect, I know I have (and still) make many mistakes along the way. But through it we have grown closer and God has melded our hearts. My calling as a Mother means so much to me and I thank God for every day He gives me with each of you.

I never dreamed that my heart could be stretched to love so many of you. But I do love each of you fondly. And you have loved me in return, thank you for that. There haven't been many days in the last 18+ years that I have not got a hug from one or more of you. That's a lot of hugs, a lot of lovin' And I cherish each one.

The laughter, the sorrows, the joy, the pain, the love, the grace, the foolishness, the forgiveness. We've been (and are going through) it all. With 12 bodies in one home there are plenty of opportunities to give, to take, to serve, to be served, to give love, to be loved, to cry, to laugh...... And together we have, together we will, together......

My prayer for us is that through our experiences we will grow closer to God, learn to support each other, love each other unconditionally, serve each other, and in so doing be a light to those around us. God has called us all as a family to shine for Him. What a privilege we have, as parents and as children, to be a beacon in the darkness, to give hope to the hopeless, and to persevere through it all, because Jesus is our light, our hope, and our strong tower. With Him we can be who He has called us to be. Never loose heart, always put it in God's hand. He will direct you, He will guide you....

So it's not about me, it's about us. Because without your dad and you, I would not be a Mother. It's about us, family, together.....And most of all.....It's about HIM!

No comments: