| Home | Our Family |  

September 13, 2010

Response to My Birthday Post

I was very blessed when I read my birthday post from Jennifer. When our children were little I hoped that one day they would rise up and call me blessed, as scripture says.  But when I read Jen's post, I was moved to tears.  Tears of gratitude, tears of love, tears of appreciation.....what sweet words.

Yet as grateful I was to hear these words from my amazing daughter, I also felt very unworthy. Unworthy because I could hardly believe this was me she was talking about. There are many days I finish my day and feel like I have failed. Failed my husband, failed my kids, and most disappointing, failed God. Because there are days when I am not submissive, I am not patient with my children, I am short-tempered....failed. It is on these days that I am so grateful for a husband who loves me unconditionally, kids who forgive readily, and especially a God Who's mercies are new every morning. Where would I be without God's mercy? I would be hopelessly lost, a failure.

It's only by God's grace that I am where I am today....in my walk with Him, in my covenant with my husband & as a Mom to my wonderful children. Today when I look at where God has brought us, I am so overwhelmed by His grace and mercy. It is only in Him and through Him that I have the strength to face each new day. And what a privilege and honor it is to serve Him, in my roles as wife and mother. I am not perfect.....I am a work in progress!


It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 
They are new every morning: 
great is thy faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

3 comments:

Mrs. Mike and kids said...

I have to admit after I read what your daughter wrote I felt very unworthy. I want my kids to rise up and call me blessed too. Thank you for your honesty. Makes me think maybe they will after all. I guess when I think about it, my dear mother(in heaven) wasn't perfect either. Her kids have rose up and called her blessed. She made her mistakes but there was always love and forgiveness in our home. (in Jesus of course.) That is the most important thing, that we admit our mistakes and ask for forgiveness and teach our kids that God commendeth his love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Cinnamon said...

Oh my goodness yes!! Don't we all fail :-0 But children ~are~ so sweet aren't they? So forgiving, loving, and how quickly they forget :-)

God's mercy shown daily to me is through my children~

~Cinnamon

Laura said...

Yes, you are blessed just as your family is. Isn't it amazing the things we see and the growth we have all if we seek to walk in the way of the Lord. Your a wonderful mother, with a dear husband, and sweet children....I call you blessed as well! Proverbs 31for sure!